Spiritual Care Services
The Spiritual Care Program will provide the following services and programs:
- Have an organized spiritual and religious care program to respond to the religious needs and spiritual interests of residents, and facilitate a resident's participation in the program.
- Support the resident's preferred spiritual and religious observances while respecting the rights of others.
- Provide spiritual and religious counselling for residents and families.
- Provide denominational and interdenominational worship services.
- Make available one-to-one visitation from the chaplain, pastoral volunteers or the denominational clergy according to the resident's wishes.
- Support residents and families in times of crises and palliative care situations.
- Work with multi-disciplinary staff as resource person in meeting holistic needs.
- Coordinate and connect with the faith resources of the wider community.
- Provide unique programs and service meeting the needs of a specific population.
- Coordinate and support pastoral care volunteers.