Protecting the Privacy of Your Personal Health Information
We understand that health information about you is personal and must be protected.
For these reasons we will:
- Provide the highest level of confidentiality around the collection, use and disclosure of your personal health information;
- Collect only necessary information and use that information solely for the care and treatment you are seeking;
- Disclose only information necessary for the delivery and management of your care to those involved in that care. This could include a laboratory, another health care provider or your health insurance plan;
- Ask your permission before disclosing any of your information for purposes not related directly to your care and treatment, unless otherwise authorized by law;
- Recognize your right of access to your health information when you request it and provide copies for a minimal fee; and,
- Be available to respond to your questions or concerns about the way we handle the privacy of your personal health information.